Inclusive design events in San Francisco
Keynote speaker Melissa Cameron
10-person Framer workshops
Framer founders in attendance
Tuesday, June 6, San Francisco
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Sponsored by Thumbtack, seven hands-on workshops with varying levels of advancement (including novice), capped at 10 people per workshop.
May 24, 2016
Featured 10 hands-on workshops with varying levels of advancement (including novice), capped at about 10 people per workshop.
Simplify ideas, not people
- Be critical of ideas while supporting those who generate them
- Don't use ad-hominem to win over your stakeholder
- Drive inclusion by facilitating design thinking
Accessibility over consistency
- Ensure that events have facilities for persons of all gender identities
- Provide assistance for those who require it
- Actively source speakers and workshops that support diversity
- Build empathy through observation of your user's problem
- Fall in love with the problem you want to solve
- Treat design problems as experiments
Lead a workshop
We need patient people with design skills to lead small workshops on topics like Framer Studio and Design Thinking. Sign up for our newsletter to get involved.